Updated 5/1/20 – Facebook/YouTube Video Links!
Session 1 – Intro and Gymnastics S&C With Dr. Dave Tilley (10:30am EDT)
Session 2 – Gymnastics Nutrition with Dr. Josh Eldridge (12:00pm EDT)
Session 3 – Yurchenko Vaulting with Nick Ruddock (1:00pm EDT)
Session 4 – High Bar Dismounts with Tom Meadows (2:00pm EDT)
Session 5 – Mental Toughness with Dr. Ali Arnold (3:00pm EDT)
Session 6 – High Performance and NCAA Q&A with Jordyn Wieber and Chris Brooks (4:00pm EDT)
Session 7 – Live GymCastic Podcast with Jessica O’Beirne, Spencer Barnes, and Kensley Behel (5:00pm EDT)
Session 8 – Live Q&A Session with Colin Van Wicklen (6:00pm EDT)
Session 9 – Live Q&A With Madison Kocian, Kyla Ross, & Valorie Kondos Field (7:00pm EDY)
Clear your calendars, because I have something amazing to offer everyone this Saturday.
I have been working like crazy on this the last month, and I’m so excited to announce that this Saturday, May 2nd I will be hosting a huge online virtual coaching summit for the gymnastics community.
It will be 100% free of charge, but during the day we will be collecting donations for Feeding America COVID19 Hunger Relief. Feeding America is the largest hunger-relief charity giving meals to kids, elderly, and front line workers during the COVID19 crisis. They are doing incredible work helping those who are in the most need right now.
It’s gut-wrenching to think that 1000’s of kids and people in need go to bed hungry, unsure of where their next meal will come from. After seeing so many people struggling with this, I wanted to do whatever I could to help.
For the sake of everyone’s health and safety, we chose to postpone the big clinics I had planned this summer with Utah Gymnastics and Alabama Gymnastics. So, I’m trying to turn lemons into lemonade and put on a much bigger virtual version of the clinic while helping those in need.
The virtual summit will be live streaming from SHIFT’s YouTube and Facebook Page from 10am-8pm.
Here is the entire incredible line up of speakers I have planned and their sessions.
The schedule is as follows, with all times according to US EST. The first half of the day will be more training content, and then the second half of the day will be more open to the entire gymnastics community focusing more on Q&A and live podcast style chats.
- 10:30am – 12:00pm – Intro, Fundraising Details, and Strength and Conditioning lecture from me
- 12:00pm – 1:00pm – Dr. Josh Eldridge – Fueling For Performance: What Coaches and Gymnasts Need To Know About Nutrition
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm – Nick Ruddock – Essential Techniques for Yurchenko Vaulting
- 2:00pm – 3:00pm – Tom Meadows – Essential Techniques for Men’s High Bar Dismounts
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm – Dr. Ali Arnold – Come Back Stronger: Mental Toughness Techniques for Coaches and Gymnasts
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm – Jordyn Wieber, Chris Brooks – Developing Healthy and High Performing Cultures
- 5:00pm – 6:00pm – Jessica O’Beirne, Spencer Barnes, Kensley Behel – GymCastic Podcast Episode
- 6:00pm – 7:00pm – Colin Van Wicklen – Live Q&A Session
- 7:00pm – 8:00pm – Madison Kocian, Kyla Ross, Val Kondos Field – Live Q&A Session
If you can’t make all the sessions live, no worries! I will be recording the and uploading them yo SHIFT’s YouTube.
A huge thanks to all of these people who are graciously donating their time and effort to help with this cause! I will also be giving and updated lecture on gymnastics strength and conditioning for everyone.
After lots of work, I’m so excited to see everything come together. I can’t wait for this weekend, it’s going to be so much fun and help work for an amazing much-needed cause of hunger relief.
See you all there!
Dr. Dave Tilley DPT, SCS, CSCS
CEO/Founder of SHIFT Movement Science