In an effort to help give back to the gymnastics community, SHIFT is teaming up with The University of Utah coaching staff and The University of Alabama coaching staff to provide two free educational clinics in the Spring of 2020!
This clinic will be open to gymnastics coaches, gymnastics medical providers, and strength and conditioning coaches working in gymnastics at no cost.
- The SHIFT Clinic West will take place Saturday June 13th, 2020 at The University of Utah in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- The SHIFT Clinic East will take place Saturday, July 18th, 2020 at The University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa, Alabama
The clinics will cover a range of topics based upon the requested topics of the participants. The speakers will include Dr. Dave Tilley, the respective coaching staffs, and to be determined experts in the gymnastics community.
The goal is to provide as much valuable information as possible to the gymnastics community, so that they can positively impact the lives of the gymnasts they work with, people they work, and their gymnastics communities.
The expected topics will be
- Building Healthy Training Cultures For Athlete Wellness and High Performance
- Training Methods for Skill and Level Development
- Gymnastics Strength, Conditioning, and Physical Preparation Methods
- Gymnastics Flexibility Methods – Science Meets Practical Applications
- Understanding, Preventing, and Managing Gymnastics Injuries
- Gymnastics Mental Health, Recovery, and Nutrition
- TBD based on participant topic request via survey
Due to the suspected very high interest of these two clinics, the attendance cap will be set to 100 people on a first come, first serve basis. Travel, hotel, and food must be provided by the participants.
The registration links through Event Brite are provided below. Following registration filling, suvery links will be sent out for participants to learn what lecture topics participant would like to hear.
This is going to be an absolutely incredible event and we are so excited to put it on! For more information, see the promotional fliers or text below for full details, information, and registration links!