Aaron Horschig of Squat University is one of the most widely known Sports Physical Therapist and Strength and Conditioning coach combination.
Aaron’s unique background in weight lifting combined with his very progressive and science-based approach to help athletes get out of pain and back to the sports they love.
I’ve been fortunate to be friends with Aaron and learn a ton from him, but also be a part of a generation of medical providers who are very much trying to blend coaching, strength and conditioning, and sports medicine care.
We sat down to have a great discussion about professional development, cutting through the noise of the fitness/medical industry, and the best ways to help athletes increase performance and reduce injury risk.
- Lower back pain debates related to gymnastics and deadlifting
- Jefferson curls and how they relate to back pain
- How to cut through the noise of fitness and medical information
- The myths and misunderstandings of rehabilitation using advanced strength principles
- Aaron’s best advice for helping athletes get after injuries faster
- How to start a business side hustle as a coach or medical provider
and much more!
If you work in the fitness, sports, or sports medicine fields I promise you will not want to miss this episode!
You can check it out on iTunes, Spotify, and Stitcher below
Aaron Horschig of Squat University on Boosting Sports Performance and The Future of Sports Rehabilitation
Hope you have a great week,
Dr. Dave Tilley DPT, SCS, CSCS