Hey everyone. First off, I hope you are healthy, safe, and doing your best to take are of your mental health with the craziness of the coronavirus changing our lives so quick.
I’ll keep this very short and to the point. I know the gymnastics community has been rocked by COVID-19 like many other sports. Meets have been postponed, many gymnasts are home from school and the gym, and we are not sure when this will pass.
I have been trying to find ways to help. Many people have asked me to help with home programs for gymnasts. Obviously, we would love to be in the gym, but the reality is that it might not be safe and feasible for the next few weeks. So, I spent a few hours yesterday and build a free program everyone can have and use.
This is what I will be giving to our team kids (needs some changes based on age/level) if everything ends up shutting down. It has
- 6 days of programming per week, for 1 month
- 4 days of home strength workouts (minimal equipment and mostly body weight) with lower body, core, and upper body exercises
- 2 days of cardio workouts that require no equipment
- 2 days of flexibility and core circuits that require minimal equipment
- Daily warm-up, soft tissue, and stretching programs
You can download it here for free, just enter your email (for security reasons) and it will be sent right to you in excel spreadsheet form
Download SHIFT's New
6 Day Gymnastics Home Program
- - 6 Day Strength, Flexibility, and Cardio Home Program for Gymnasts
- - 4 Strength Days (minimal to no equipment)
- - 2 Cardio Circuit Days
- - 2 Core and Flexibility Days
- - Daily Warm Ups and Soft Tissue Care
Also, please do not just blanket apply this to your gymnasts! This can not be applied to all gymnasts, ages, and levels blindly. If you are a coach, take the time to check it out and make adjustments as needed. Change things based on level and age. Have supervision if needed. I will also be posting the workouts daily this week.
If you are a parent please check with your coaches first! This is 100% just a guideline, and people are taking on the program at their own risk. Please be safe! Best of luck and hope everyone is doing well,
Dr. Dave Tilley DPT, SCS, CSCS
CEO/Founder of SHIFT Movement Science