PreHab is something many gymnastics coaches know they need to do, but unfortunately, struggle sometimes to fit in. There are so many things that have to get done, and it can be hard to take time to really understand what prehab is and what exercises to do.
I’ve had a lot of requests to do a podcast about prehab concepts, and what are the best ‘bang for your buck’ exercises. So, today I have a great episode on that exact thing!
Before we dive in, I do want to mention that if you are a busy gymnastics coach or parent looking to save time/money and use the EXACT Gymnastics PreHab circuits I use, we have just released our full set of 6 for the ankle, knee, hip, lower back, shoulder, and elbow/wrist! (Click below to learn more)
Each PDF has 3 circuits (A, B, and C day) with printable circuits to use put in a binder or on a wall, or you can use the digital version to click hyperlinks of each exercise that take you to an online video. Also, each PDF has step-by-step instructions in the index for how to do each exercise, and some extra exercises to try. Best of all, they are 25% off this week only to celebrate launch week and the start of the season!
In today’s podcast I break down
- What PreHab is, and what it isn’t
- Why do gymnasts need to do prehab
- Why the ankle, knee, lower back, shoulder, and wrists are the most important focus areas
- The best flexibility prehab drills I like
- The best strength prehab drills I like
- How to find time in a busy practice to do them
- Some big picture tips for staying ahead of injury
You can listen to it on iTunes, Spotify, or Stitcher or watch it on YouTube below!