What is the difference between programming rehab versus programming for sports performance?
Today on the podcast I am joined by fellow experts and colleagues from Champion Physical Therapy and Performance to explore this topic.
Performance Physical Therapist Dan Pope DPT, OCS, CSCS, C-PS, Director of Fitness & Strength and Conditioning Coach Diwesh Poudyal BS, CSCS, USAW, C-PS, and Director of Sports Science & Strength and Conditioning Coach Jonah Mondloch BSC, CSCS, C-PS.
- What are the goals of a rehab program and a sports performance?
- An example of a rehab program for an athlete with an ACL reconstruction and a sports performance program.
- How to alter a squat to work and stress either the hips or knees.
- Six ways to modify a sports performance exercise.
- Why three sets of eight to ten reps are the most effective.
- When to progress an exercise with an athlete. And…
- The difference between rehab plyometrics vs sport performance plyometrics.
Building S&C Programs for Rehabilitation vs Sports Performance Roundtable
Hope it helps!
Dr. Dave Tilley DPT, SCS, CSCS
CEO/Founder of SHIFT Movement Science