This week’s podcast is the first lecture from our recent and very popular 2022 Gymnastics Rehabilitation Virtual Summit.
The three-day event was aimed at helping medical providers who work with gymnasts, gymnastic coaches, and S&C coaches learn the exact exercises, manual techniques, and programs needed to treat gymnastic injuries.
In this lecture, I explain the five phases of rehab.
When working I work with an injury, implementing these phases in order and following the timelines I have an excellent success metric.
This is my step-by-step guide from the beginning incident to a smooth return to sport along with exercises to get above and beyond your past level of strength, power, capacity, and flexibility.
- Main focuses for each of the 5 phases of injuries.
- Why manual therapy is not the main thing I do.
- The importance of interdisciplinary care in pain management.
- What are the five phases of rehab?
- When to progress between phases of recovery.
- The importance of maintaining workload. And…
- An example of a 12-week ACL program.
The Gymnastics Injury Concepts Everyone Must Know
And use coupon code summit25 to get a discount!
Hope it helps!
Dr. Dave Tilley DPT, SCS, CSCS
CEO/Founder of SHIFT Movement Science