Today I am very excited to bring to you a second episode I did as a guest, on my good friend Chad Vaughn’s phenomenal podcast; The Barbell Mobility Podcast.
Chad is a two-time Olympic weightlifter, now a phenomenal Olympic weightlifting coach himself and I’ve had the pleasure of working with him for the last six years at Power Monkey Camp.
The last episode was A Step by Step Guide to Improving Flexibility and today will be a masterclass on shoulder mobility issues.
We explain exactly how you can help athletes of all abilities improve their overhead shoulder flexibility.
- What are eccentrics and how do they improve flexibility.
- The importance of good shoulder mobility and how it relates to shoulder stability.
- How to tell if it’s a mobility or technical issue.
- Which muscles cause shoulder flexibility issues?
- How to improve a squat.
- Why the repetitive nature of sports makes certain muscles very prone to stiffness
- Being under a barbell is just like being in a handstand, why training both can improve both.
Exactly How To Improve Shoulder Mobility
I hope you enjoy this episode of Chad, head on over and check out: The Barbell Mobility Podcast.
Hope it helps!
Dr. Dave Tilley DPT, SCS, CSCS
CEO/Founder of SHIFT Movement Science