Today on the podcast I want to address a question I often get: How can I improve my splits and leaps?
Well, I’ve got an awesome lecture from our popular Hero Lab that’s perfect for summarizing this topic.
In this lecture, I’ll share tips on improving your flexibility for splits, leaps, and bars.
It’s packed with practical advice that you don’t want to miss.
- The four steps to getting the most out of a flexibility program.
- Why poor hip flexibility can lead to L5 spondee fracture, and stress fracture in the spine.
- How consistency is more important than intensity.
- How to screen for hip mobility.
- The best stretches you need to improve split flexibility.
- How long should you stretch for?
- Direct hip training and strengthening.
- The best way to incorporate flexibility into gymnastics.
- Examples of flexibility exercises.
- The biggest reason why gymnastics skills fall apart. And…
- The secret to consistency and long-term progress.
Improve Split and Leap Flexibility With This Step By Step Guide
The Hero Lab is a monthly subscription platform that serves around 700 gymnastics coaches, medical providers, and parents.
We offer a vast library of 50+ hours of lectures on flexibility, strength, technique, shaping, and more.
Plus, we provide handy resources like PDFs, circuits, and templates.
We’re constantly adding new lectures based on what our community needs.
And guess what? We’re expanding even further!
We’ll be introducing new lectures on injuries, compulsory gymnastics, and parent-specific topics. We want to cover everything from ankle sprains to navigating gym culture.
But to make this happen, we’ll be increasing the subscription price at the end of the week.
So, if you want to lock in the current rate, head over to www.shiftmovementscience.com/theherolab and join the fun!
Hope it helps!
Dr. Dave Tilley DPT, SCS, CSCS
CEO/Founder of SHIFT Movement Science