Hey everyone, I hope you are doing okay hanging in during COVID-19! These are proving to be crazy times for sure. Lots of people have uncertainties and are (rightfully so) worried about everything going on.
Specifically in the gymnastics community, worries are spiking all the way from gyms being closed to helping gymnasts during the down time. I got a lot of questions circling around similar topics once closures started. So, I asked my buddy Nick Ruddock if he would team up to do our first every live YouTube Q&A.
It ended up being a huge hit. Over an hour of questions where we start talking about COVID-19, and then jump into other topics. They included
- What coaches can do during their newfound time off from the gym
- Ideas for keeping gymnasts motivated and engaged
- Managing online / virtual connections via Zoom/FaceTime/Google Hangouts
- Why maintaining workloads and strength are useful for gymnasts during gym closures
- How coaches and coaching teams can use the time
- Tips for getting back into the gym safely when the time comes
- Developing core strength and core control
- Nick’s best drills for handstand development
and much more!
You can find the entire interview here.
Dr. Dave Tilley DPT, SCS, CSCS
CEO/Founder of SHIFT Movement Science