Really excited to share some amazing content with everyone today! I was able to sit down and chat with one of the most highly respected coaches here in the US, Tom Meadows of Cypress Academy. Tom has one of the most impressive journeys in gymnastics, with multiple junior and senior national team members, as well as World and Olympic team members. Some of the most notable athletes that Tom has coached include Jon Horton and Chris Brooks.
Many people have been asking me if I could get Tom on the podcast, and we were able to have an amazing hour-long chat. We discussed
- Tom’s core philosophies as a coach
- How he thinks more people should be patient and slow down when gymnasts are in the 10-14 age window
- Way he tries to motivate athletes to work hard and stay in love with the sport so they don’t quit early
- What he thinks has allowed him to continue to be a high-level coach
- How he manages a large team with lots of athletes
- What Tom thinks the women’s gymnastics side can take from the men’s side
- How to approach saving men’s college gymnastics and continued growth in the sport
I promise this is one you will not want to miss. Ton’s of amazing content from Tom here, and I can’t thank him enough for his time!
You can view it below on iTunes, Spotify, and Stitcher below!
Tom Meadows on Developing Elite Male Gymnasts and
His Best Coaching Advice