Today on the podcast I’m very fortunate and excited to have on Jordyn Wieber, head coach of Arkansas gymnastics to chat about her transition from her own gymnastics career to becoming a head coach of a successful College Team.
A phenomenal personal career including Olympic Gold as part of the Fierce Five in London 2012 and multiple World medals.
Jordyn went on to College at UCLA where she ended up becoming the volunteer assistant coach for three years.
This inspired and ignited a new passion for coaching and in April 2019 she became the head coach of the Arkansas Razorbacks gymnastics team.
But how easy was this transition?
- Why you need to be able to read the room and understand what athletes need.
- Jordyn Wieber’s advice on how to improve a club’s culture.
- How to be super productive, have expectations, and still have enjoyable training sessions.
- The importance of cultivating events, experiences, and relationships outside of the gym.
- Jordyn Wieber’s top tip on how to be a good recruiter. And…
- Why being a good person goes a long way.
Jordyn Wieber on Arkansas Gymnastics Growth, Culture, and The Upcoming NCAA Season
Hope it helps!
Dr. Dave Tilley DPT, SCS, CSCS
CEO/Founder of SHIFT Movement Science