Today on the podcast is 2 time NCAA champion and achieving a perfect 10 score not once but 4 times, Maile O’Keefe.
Former International Elite gymnast from Salcianu Elite Academy of Gymnastics, Malie had phenomenal success at National and International competitions under the careful guidance of Tammy and Sorin Salcianu.
Malie is heading into her senior year as a student-athlete at the University of Utah.
I’ve had the pleasure of knowing and treating Malie over the last 10 years and seen first had her dedication, passion, and long outstanding career through club and College.
In this episode, she shares her journey and experiences plus what things she found helpful that allowed her to be successful at such a high level for such a long time.
- Malie’s transition from Club gymnastics and being homeschooled to fending for herself at College.
- How working with mental health providers has impacted Malie’s successful gymnastics career.
- You can’t just take the credit when it goes well and then dodge the bullet when it goes wrong.
- Malie’s advice on body image, puberty, and athlete comparison.
- How to deal with the pressure of meets.
- Is NIL and brand deals worth it?
- The key to hitting routines.
Balancing school, training, and College life.
Maile Okeefe on Her Elite Gymnastics Career, Utah, and NCAA Growth
Hope it helps!
Dr. Dave Tilley DPT, SCS, CSCS
CEO/Founder of SHIFT Movement Science