I’m so excited to share a fantastic chat I had with Lucas Beltran and Christian Correale, as well as head coach Kip Simons, of Navy Men’s Gymnastics. I’ve always had an enormous amount of respect for anyone who serves in the military. But, there is a special place in my heart for the gymnasts who are a compete for the Army, Navy, and Air Force academies.
During my time competing I was at West Point quite a bit, and then through the college Navy and Army were frequent teams we competed against. So given the history, it was great to sit down with these three and chat about all that goes into gymnastics, school, and balancing life at the Naval Academy.
In this chat we cover
- Their path to Navy, and why they chose it
- How are they able to stay disciplined and focus between gymnastics, rigorous academics, and personal life
- The tools and strategies they used to get through tough times
- How Navy has climbed up the success ladder as a team in competitions
- Unique opportunities they get as a part of the Navy
- What the next year looks like for them and the team
You can check the entire podcast out by clicking below
NAVY Men’s Gymnastics on Creating Success, Culture, and Sacrifices
Hope you like it! Stay safe,
Dr. Dave Tilley DPT, SCS, CSCS
CEO/Founder of SHIFT Movement Science