Since releasing my newest Gymnastics E-Book (find it for free here), I’ve been super grateful to be asked on a lot of podcasts and interviews. Most recently, I joined my good friend Dr. Ryan Debell on his show, The Movement Fix Podcast. To be honest, this was one of the most fun podcasts I’ve done in a while, mainly because of the importance and width of content we chatted on. Some of the topics included
- The biggest areas of change for gymnastics to focus on, given the current situation going on
- Myths and misunderstandings about stretching, with research and experiences to consider
- How gymnasts can start safely and effectively using weightlifting as pieces to their program
- Why it’s so important for gymnastics professionals, medical providers, and parents to focus on leading themselves first before leading others
- A very nerdy ending chat about stress neuroendocrinology and epigenetics, and how it relates to youth athletics as well as gymnastics.
It was a blast to talk with Ryan, he’s a fantastic resource for anyone in the strength and medical field. You can find the entire podcast by following the link here,
I hope everyone finds some value in what we talked on!
Dave Tilley DPT, SCS, CSCS
CEO/Founder of SHIFT Movement Science